Saumur is a beautiful historic town situated where the River Thouet meets the Loire. It is a wonderful place to get on a bike and explore some of the finest countryside in France. The town is famous for some of France’s finest wines.
In the town itself there are plenty of sights to behold, the stunning Château de Saumur which overlooks the town and river, the Cadre Noir and the École Nationale d’Équitation, both of which are a must for those who love horses. If war history is more your thing then take a trip to the Musée des Blindés, the national tank museum which houses over 850 armoured vehicles.
If you are staying in the Saumur area, we can provide a variety of different types of bike for hire to suit most recreational needs:
- mountain bikes made for off road strength
- touring bikes for comfortable distance
- hybrids bikes for those looking to cycle both on and off road
- tandems for couples who like to never be apart
- electric bikes
- bikes for children and younger adults
- with trailers for the very young
And we will deliver to and collect from your hotel, gite, b&b, tent or caravan!
We make it easy to rent bikes in Saumur and the surrounding area!